As women, you know that the whole process of getting ready could be a little stressful and what every single bride wants on their wedding morning, it’s an organized and relaxed getting-ready process.
The best thing to do to make that morning happen smoothly, is creating a wedding-day timeline that will be organized and discussed in advance.
There is such a huge lead up to the big day and before you realize, you are waking up on your wedding day excited and nervous, there are people coming and going all day and combined with all your emotions, it is easy to become overwhelmed.
With a little pre-planning and following the tips in this getting ready blog, you will be well on your way to a bridal morning to remember!
These are the recommendations, Let’s get started!
SECURE YOUR HAIR AND MAKEUP TEAM.
The first step of this process is securing your hair and makeup artist. First, to have a consultation with our hair and makeup coordinator, so she can understand your needs and could put together your proposal.
After you received the proposal, a second phone call will happen to then secure the date.
It is essential to place the save the date deposit to book your hair and makeup services in destination 8 to 12 months prior to the wedding.
From the very beginning, we will not need to know exactly how many ladies are in your bridal party, an estimate would be enough.
WHO IS GETTING READY WITH YOU?
Two to three months prior to the day of the wedding you would have already determined who will be getting hair and makeup done with our team. We will need to reconfirm the services to have the accurate information at a later time.
Bridesmaids, junior bridesmaids, flower girls, and mothers on both sides may be included on your list. Keep in mind, there is no obligation for you to provide professional hair and makeup for all these ladies, but it is a nice gesture if you’re able to, and it’ll make your bridal party appear more unified.
Once we know how many people are on the list, we will send you a revised proposal and then we will work with you to determine all the details timewise and staffwise to get everyone ready.
WHAT TO DO THE DAY/NIGHT BEFORE?
- Drink a lot of water. Cabo is a hot destination, so you are probably not used to it. Please keep yourself hydrated to make sure your skin is not shocked by the weather difference.
- Eat healthy and do not drink too much alcohol. At least 2-3 days prior to the wedding. Skin reflects everything we eat and drink, stick to fruit and good meals. You can leave the Doritos and tequila for another day. No one wants a hangover on their wedding morning, right?
- Get good sleep. Let’s avoid under-eye bags, this is very important to make your make-up look spectacular.
Be careful to not go to bed too late on your rehearsal dinner, save energy for the wedding day.
- Wash your hair the night before. Nobody knows your hair as well as you do, but this is an essential tip to make sure your hair will work with any hairstyle. Not dirty – not too clean, just perfect. Keep in mind not to apply conditioner, just apply it on the ends.
- Stay under the shade. Getting sunburned before your wedding day will be catastrophic for your wedding pictures, remember these photos are forever!
WHAT WE RECOMMEND BRINGING TO CABO
- Your own shampoo and conditioner. The products provided to you at the hotel/villa are not going to be the best idea as your hair is not used to it. Let’s make sure your hair is not shocked by applying new and different products.
- Your own lipstick and lip liner. This is super important; you are the bride (and we all know brides are the spotlight of the wedding) so you will definitely need to re-apply your lipstick a couple of times during the wedding afterparty.
- Your skin care products. Your skin needs to be moisturized, there is no way your make-up will look good if your skin is not in good conditions.
DESTINATE A GETTING-READY SPACE
Getting your hair and makeup done can take a few hours. Therefore, it is important to have an area that offers a calm and relaxing zone where you can take a breath. Where is the best getting ready space to achieve maximum tranquility? Regularly is the bridal suite. It’s obvious to say that overall, you will be more relaxed having your hair and makeup done on-site. That means your glam squad comes to you.
On site, the worry of rushing around diminishes, as there’s no complicated transportation schedules needed, and you can create a “home base” of sorts. This allows the bride, bridesmaids, moms, and whomever else joins the fun the ability to relax all in one place.
Please make sure there’s plenty of natural light and space. You want your getting ready photos to be beautiful, and the key to that is plenty of good, natural lighting.
Getting room service and popping a bottle of champagne while the hair and make-up services are being performed makes this experience even better.
There is nothing worse than a hungry bride—along with 10 hungry bridesmaids. Make sure to have an array of filling, nutritious breakfast or lunch options for your wedding party that will tide them over until the reception and won’t give them a sugar rush and then make them crash.
THE DAY OF THE WEDDING
Our team will arrive around 20 to 30 minutes before the services start to set up and organize spaces and stations. Our hair and makeup artists are always led by a concierge who speaks perfect English and will take care of everything regarding the appointment. She will be in charge of the logistic, saying who’s next, translating, and more. All with the purpose of letting you enjoy the moment.
After all, this is a time to enjoy with your friends and family. Have you stumbled across a few fantastic photos on Pinterest of brides surrounded by their bridesmaids, mimosas in hand, each wearing a cute matching robe? That could be you!
One of the most exciting moments of the getting ready process, is when is when the photographer arrives and starts taking pictures of you having fun and enjoying the moment. We will coordinate with them to be on time to take photos while you are getting your hair and make-up done.
Besides looking fabulous and well-coordinated for getting ready shots, there’s a good reason for all the robes and button-down shirts seen on Pinterest. Can you guess why?
It may seem obvious but wearing a shirt that you must pull over your head after having your hair done is a disaster waiting to happen!
All these details are super important not just for photos but for practicality.
Now that you know how we do it, feel free to give us a call at 213 258 1921 to book your appointment.