Every lady has her own nail routine, and for many women, a manicure is one of life’s little pleasures to enjoy as often as possible. No matter what style of nails you personally prefer, every nail routine is better when you have the right tools for the job.
Whether you keep your fingernails low-maintenance or you visit the salon weekly, the experts at Suzanne Morel Face and Body Care want to share the essential items you need to keep your manicure looking perfect at all times!
1. A great pair of nail clippers. It goes without saying that a good, quality pair of nail clippers is absolutely essential to maintaining a healthy manicure routine. A high-quality nail clipper will never need to be replaced, so it is well worth the extra money to purchase a good product in this case.
2. A good nail file. If you have acrylic nails or tips, we recommend a metal or crystal file. No matter what, you need to purchase a file with a high grit number (180 or higher) for a fine finish.
3. Proper cuticle oil. Cuticle oil is important to smooth out the cuticles and keep them hydrated. We recommend massaging the oil into the cuticles to soften them before removal.
4. Quality cuticle remover. We prefer the Tweezerman brand for a perfect result every time.
5. Metal cuticle pusher. Make sure you understand how to properly use the cuticle pusher, and once you do we recommend a metal one, as it is best for cleaning and pushing the cuticles.
6. Quality nail polish. The importance of a good, quality nail polish cannot be underestimated! Remember to apply a basecoat and a topcoat for a long-lasting effect.
7. Nail art stick. If you love wearing a unique design or customized nail art, then a nail art stick is a must-have! We recommend a good brand-name art tool, such as this one by Dior.
There’s no substitute for a great professional manicure at your favorite salon, but if you buy the right tools and learn how to use them well, you can keep your nails in great shape even when you can’t get to the salon!